BEGIN A MEANINGFUL CAREER RIGHT HERE
Senior Automation and Controls Engineer
P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
Do you get excited working in engineering and collaborating with operations, suppliers, and equipment vendors to bring new technologies and innovative strategies to life? Procter & Gamble is seeking an individual with strong technical skills and experience in power, controls, information systems, and/or automation projects to join our team at Greensboro, North Carolina, as a Power, Controls, and Automation Engineer. There are multiple opportunities to lead projects to bring new technologies to life, upgrade / retrofit existing machinery, and enable improvements / cost savings supporting productivity and operational excellence. You will be part of a unique organization based within the manufacturing plant that drives synergies, technical rigor, and focuses on delivering projects with excellence utilizing standard work processes.
As a Senior Automation & Controls Engineer you will be responsible for the following:
• Lead and/or coach others to lead power and controls installation, integration, and start-up of new and/or upgraded equipment including providing technical direction to vendors and equipment suppliers.
• Own scope, cost, and schedule for programming definition, testing, and execution for Industrial Control Systems (ICS) such as Programmable Logic Controller (PLCs) and Human-to-Machine Interfaces (HMIs) including robots, vision / detection systems, and other industrial automation.
• Lead and/or coach others to lead integrations of Industrial Control Systems with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) to provide process monitoring, reliability information and quality control supporting operational excellence.
• Lead and coach others in technical troubleshooting, issue resolution, risk management, and low-cost solution implementation.
• Lead and/or coach others to lead electrical VATs (vendor acceptance tests) on purchased equipment.
• Proven capability to penetrate technical details and drive issues to resolution in a timely manner. These issues may involve barriers to equipment performance, to speed, to quality, or to safety.
• Proven capability to manage projects, assess staffing requirements, develop and communicate staffing plans with recommended options. Ability to develop Best Value Option Analyses, lead group discussions and drive to conclusion.
• Communicate effectively with Leadership to explain the recommended strategies and when required, develop and communicate plans to mitigate risks within a project.
• Ability to set standards, role model, coach, teach, and set technical direction along with working collaboratively with site / global engineering, technical vendors, equipment suppliers, and production site personnel
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering with focus on Electrical Engineering, Robotics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Automation and Controls (or other related degree and/or work-related experience).
• 8+ years’ work experience leading process / packing controls and automation projects, demonstrating strong technical mastery.
• Experience in power systems, computing and network technologies, machine control and instrumentation, vision systems, robotics; experience in electrical safety regulations and best practices.
• Ability to be located in Greensboro, NC and willingness to travel occasionally (less than 10%).
• Experience in manufacturing or operational environment.
• Experience with a regulated industry, such as Food, Cosmetic, or Drug for knowledge of GMP compliance is a plus.
• Preferred technology experience: Continuous Process Control, Instruments, Control Logix PLCs, HMI’s, Motion Control, Robotics, Vision / Detection Systems, Networks, Drives, Sensors, Server Technologies, Regional and Local Electrical Design Codes that govern applicable equipment and installation practices.
• Strong programming skills, project leadership, and technical issue resolution.
What we offer:
• Responsibilities as of Day 1 - you will feel the ownership of your work from the beginning, and you will be given specific ownership areas and responsibilities.
• Continuous mentorship - you will work with passionate people and receive formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager. Work and be part of a dynamic and encouraging environment - working over a diverse array of interesting problems.
• Promote agility and work/life effectiveness and your long-term well-being.
• Get a competitive salary and benefits package.
Just So You Know:
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorships not available for this position, except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. Applicants for U.S. based positions are eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. We do not sponsor for permanent residency. Any exceptions are based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: